ABOUT EVOLUTION MIXED MARTIAL ARTS
#Always learning, #always improving!!
WHAT CLIENT'S SAY
I have trained in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu off and on for about 14 years now. As soon as I had my first trial class with Professor Chris I was sold. His place is welcoming, positive and is the cleanest martial arts school I have ever trained in. He pays a lot of attention to detail and is already correcting bad BJJ habits I had developed over the years and fixing mistakes that no one ever caught me make over a decade! I highly recommend this place!
Major J. Anderson
Simply stated, Chris Geottsch changed my life. As an avid wrestler in college, I was hungry for a challenge and an opportunity to broaden my knowledge during my deployment to Iraq from 2009 to 2010. Chris spent over three hours every night teaching me and my unit the fundamentals of BJJ and Muay Thai as well as running intense training sessions that cultivated a passion for excellence within our unit. Not only did this equip all of us with an expert skill set, but it gave us all an opportunity to grow closer together in pursuit of a common goal. Chris’s style of teaching, personality, and method of instruction helped me internalize the techniques and values of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and other mixed martial arts which still resonates throughout every area of my life. His training was also instrumental in my success in winning the 2010 U.S. Army Combatives championships immediately following my deployment. I will never forget the lessons I learned about BJJ, self defense, and discipline while training underneath the tutelage of such a great professor.
Ivan SFC Feb 26, 2019
My name is Ivan and I join European SOF units since 20 years ago. I’m sgt first Class. I met him in afghanistan. Master Chris Was different I have trained ever before. I like his bjj and Nogi techniques easy but highly effective. Not long sequences but good work in concepts and progressive learning system for all levels. Wrestling and striking techniques were incorporated in his training system highly recommended for police and military units. A good job working out and preventing injures, stretching, breathing and understanding the environment even in war areas. Properly for surviving if you are a proffesional of security.
Tilden Mar 13, 2019
This is an amazing place and if you are thinking about taking BJJ take the first step and book an intro. You will get great instruction from high level black belt. This is a fun and safe place to learn for kids and adults.
Shawn C. Mar 21, 2019
Chris is an amazing Brazilian Jujitsu coach, I (and my wife and son) have been training with him for 3+ years and you could not ask for a better teacher. His instruction is clear, full of details, and he tailors his coaching individually to the needs of all types of students. The gym is a friendly and welcoming place for everyone, both adults and children. That said have no fear, challenging rolls await if that is what you are looking for! Evolution mma is a great gym to train at for anyone lookinvg for authentic BJJ and Muay Thai based mixed martial arts training..
Fernando N. Mar 21, 2019
This is the best BJJ school around town!!! Chris is one of the best black belts in Colorado. My two kids and myself have been training with him and we love it. The place is very clean and everyone is very friendly. Definitely recommend!!!
Maeda , Mitsuyo –> Gracie Sr., Carlos –> Gracie , Helio –> Gracie , Rolls –> Cavalcanti , Romero –> Vieira , Leonardo Alcantara –> Drysdale , Robert –> Goettsch , Chris
- Started training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu under Professor Mauricio Zingano in July 2005Promoted to blue belt by Professor Zingano September 2006
- Lived overseas from Sept 2007 until January 2010; worked and trained with US Army personnel as well as fellow contractors
- Moved to Thailand January 2010 to train full time with 5x time world champion Muay Thai fighter Sakmongkol
- February 2010 was promoted to purple belt from Professor Zingano who was there along side his wife Cat Zingano as we trained day in and day out at WKO and @fairtextrainingcenter in Pattaya, Thailand.
- Moved back to Colorado 2011 and started competing again, this time at the IBJJF Worlds and in the cage
- Early 2012 went back overseas to work and train with SOCOM
- Promoted to brown belt by Thiago Viega ( 3rd degree Rickson Gracie Black Belt) and LCCT (Luiz Claudio Combat Team)
- After leaving Afghanistan in July 2013 I headed back to Colorado and opened up Rocky Mountain Jiu Jitsu in Thornton
- November 2014 RMJJ and myself joined forces with Professor Robert Drysdale and Team Zenith
- May 2016 after 11 years of training and teaching all over the world I was awarded my black belt by Professor Drysdale
- 2017 Sold RMJJ and once again headed overseas to work for and train with SOCOM/SOAG; this time I would be lucky enough to not only train with US Special Forces but also Slovakian SF, Polish SF and Spanish SF teams at Camp Morehead in Afghanistan
- December 2018 returned to Colorado and started Evolution Mixed Martial Arts